Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John1865 Posts: 27, Reputation: -1

Feb 26, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Rims and Tires - Are they still good after sitting for 3-years
    My daughter totaled her 2001 Tiburon - rolled it... luckily nobody hurt.

Anyway, she had real nice Motegi rims and new Potenza tires. They have been sitting in my garage for almost 3-years. Are they still good??

One of the rims had weeds between the tire and rim, and the rim has some scratches and a chip in the chrome in that area - obviously from the wreck. I cleaned them up and they all took air - 32 PSI. The tires look good - no cracks or flat spots.

Should I just sell them, or have them balanced to ensure they are OK? I don't want to sell them and have someone get hurt.

Your thoughts??
    1992DodgeSpirit Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2007, 01:27 AM
    Rims and tires can last nearly forever, except for when the weather gets to them or dry rot... since your tires held air then they are still in good condition, if they were ruined by weather or dry rot then they wouldn't be able to hole the 35PSI

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Auto rims [ 2 Answers ]

My car was stolen and I have it returned now. Tire is missing and the rim is probably damaged. Will I have to get a new rim?

Discontinued,rims [ 2 Answers ]

I,have,had,a,car,wreck,and,one,of,my,rims,I,think,has,been,discontinued.I,was,wondering,if,there,is,a,website,that,offers,discontinued,rims?

Tires [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Durango with 31x10.5 tires. Would TOYO tires be better than Michelins?

New rims, shaking problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 98 Nissan Sentra GXE and recently purchased a set of 17" chrome wheels for it. Since I got them the steering wheel has been shaking and I've had lots of vibration problems after about 40 mph. The thing that confuses me is that I will make a turn and the vibrations will stop, then I will...

Lightest rims for 85 Chevy G20 Van? [ 0 Answers ]

Dear All, I have an 85 Chevy G20 Van. 15" rims. I would like to know what are the lightest rims I could get for this. Alloy? Aluminum? Other? I'm looking to improve gas mileage and have good looking rims. What are the drawbacks of the different types of metals? Could you direct me to...

View more questions Search