Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mwoght Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 08:51 AM
    Hipaa or not?
    My father is in Hospice, the Caregiver assigned to him constantly eavesdrops on my personal conversations, which have nothing to do with my fathers care, she then takes it upon herself to share this information with my siblings, friends and even her FB! I realize I'm tnot he patient but isn't this a HIPAA violation somehow, someway?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 8, 2012, 09:01 AM
    No, it has nothing tio do with HIPAA. HIPAA is all about protecting medical information, not about preventing gossip. However, I would say that this person is acting unprofessionally, and you should consider talking to management to have someone else assigned to your father's case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hipaa Law [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé is currently on workers comp. He has not received a paycheck/workers comp check as of yet and on Tuesday it will be 8 weeks. He does have an attorney for this situation and we are getting kind of irritated right now. I am a full time student and am not working so we are relying on savings...

Hipaa... [ 1 Answers ]

If a company was found guilty of a hipaa violation can the person who's rights were violated still presue legal action? Just a quick question.

Hipaa [ 2 Answers ]

I had a miscarriage last week. The hospital registration person called my mother and father and told them she was calling from pre-op and needed to speak to me right away about my "procedure" the next day. It was no real emergency, just the regular pre-op stuff. I did not plan to tell anyone I was...

Is This phi in HIPAA? [ 2 Answers ]

I noticed that my name and address is on my prescription bottles isn't this PHI?

View more questions Search