Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alexandracakes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2012, 01:47 PM
    Life after death
    I lost my husband 4 weeks ago and I have a 10 year old daughter. We moved to France 3 years ago for my husbands job. My husband became so ill from cancer and died here in France it was such a shock to be in another Country and alone with my daughter when my beloved husband is gone. It's so lonely and I miss him so much. He promised to come to me but he hasn't and my daughter dreams of him all the time but I haven't had any dreams at all and it makes me so sad when all I want to do is hear his voice telling me he is OK. My daughter dreamt last night that he was walking around in the blue robe I bought him for his birthday and he had his head on the table resting I was in the living room and she said, "daddy's not with us anymore." and I said "in the dream" Daddy is still with us and then he said, "I'm still with you." It was very moving. I think he is comforting my daughter now. He was amazing.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 8, 2012, 02:06 PM
    You need bereavement assistance, both of you,in order to find closure and move forward.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 8, 2012, 02:15 PM
    We all remember our love ones we lose in death different ways. Yes she and even you will dream of your husband, as we do anytime, even in life, The dreams often keep them alive in our memories. It does not mean he is "coming back" or talking to her, it only means she misses and remembers him. Please consider grief counseling perhaps moving back to be around your family and friends.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 16, 2012, 05:53 PM
    Of course he is on your mind... and your daughters. I would find it odd if you ladies WEREN'T dreaming about him... but this is not to be taken literally. Making the promise that he would come to you is simply something he cannot accomplish. We all get one shot at life and one shot at eternity. Nobody is expecting you not to miss him. Death will always be a part of life. You and your daughter should look into getting this dealt with professionally... not that you are crazy in any sense... but just to help you through a very difficult and trying time.
    mysticman72 Posts: 56, Reputation: 10

Apr 28, 2012, 09:26 AM
    Hopefully that means your husband has moved on to where he is supposed to be in the afterlife. I am sorry for your loss. As others have suggested, please consider grief counseling either private or group.

Peace...
    monicag8 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandracakes View Post
    I lost my husband 4 weeks ago and I have a 10 year old daughter. We moved to France 3 years ago for my husbands job. My husband became so ill from cancer and died here in France it was such a shock to be in another Country and alone with my daughter when my beloved husband is gone. It's so lonely and I miss him so much. He promised to come to me but he hasn't and my daughter dreams of him all the time but I haven't had any dreams at all and it makes me so sad when all I want to do is hear his voice telling me he is ok. My daughter dreamt last night that he was walking around in the blue robe I bought him for his birthday and he had his head on the table resting I was in the living room and she said, "daddy's not with us anymore." and I said "in the dream" Daddy is still with us and then he said, "I'm still with you." It was very moving. I think he is comforting my daughter now. He was amazing.
    This is very sad to not be able to even dream about who you have lost. However there are memories and photographs. If you stare at an image for five minutes every day this may help you to dream of him. Dreams are often creations that are made by the psyche, so if you impress an image of him on your mind it is possible that a dream may open up and you might be able to experience him once again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there life after death? [ 74 Answers ]

What happens after life Does actually heaven and hell exits... Comment...

Life and death [ 8 Answers ]

If you are going to die tomorrow and will be given another chance, would you live your life differently?

Does anyone believe in life after death? [ 25 Answers ]

Today I was talking to a very close friend of mine and we have different views but we agree to disagree. I think there is life about death otherwise I wouldn't think for another minute that spirits exsits but she thinks once you die you are reincarnated and move on to another life. However,...

Life after death [ 32 Answers ]

Many religions talk many thing. There is a common agreement that death is certain and all it is uncertain when it will happen. But still it remained a question mark what happens after the death?

View more questions Search