Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ktfrisco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2012, 11:54 PM
    How much Tylenol is too much?
    I took 2extra strength tylenol then got ready for bed. 20min later, in my room, I absentmindedly took 2 tylenol pm from my nightstand drawer. After realizing what I've done, I'm worried to go to sleep, thinking I won't wake up
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2012, 07:38 AM
    I presume and hope that you are awake now. Taking 2 Extra Strength Tylenol and then 2 other tylenol's later should cause no harm one time. The "PM" addition to tylenol PM is just Diphenhydramine, which is not going to cause a problem as long as you are not taking it with other medications that react badly to it.

In the future, be careful with medications and be sure to follow the instructions and dosage information that comes with them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2012, 09:14 AM
    While not great on your digestive system, you will be OK. Do not do this long term of course.
    Ktfrisco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2012, 08:07 PM
    This day we had just found out my 20 mth old daughter would need another surgery on her hip. I was in a fog... and really did think I took Tylenol twice! As I stayed up late worrying over whether I'd be OK, it finally dawned on me that I hadn't in fact taken the first two. I got distracted, went to my bedroom and took the Tylenol p.m. Ugh! Way a wasted night! Thank you for your responses. My daughter's surgery is Wednesday, I plan to pack only 2 Tylenol for myself!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I take tylenol pm [ 1 Answers ]

Can I take tylenol pm

Tylenol PM [ 7 Answers ]

Can Tylenol pm be addicting ? Because my body needs it every night. I can't sleep without it.:confused: And also What can I do to go to sleep without taking any pills. I really don't want to be depending on pills. Please Help Thanks.

Tylenol Overdose [ 209 Answers ]

This isn't really an addiction, but I'm not sure where else to put it. So last night I took nine tylenol extra strengths (500mg each). I know I shouldn't, and I don't do it often. Just every once in a while something upsets me when I am already overwhelemed/tired, and I just want to do something...

Tylenol PM. [ 4 Answers ]

i was just wondering. I took 2 Tylenol PM pills last night. And i told my friend i did, and she got worried & said it's dangerous too take that many :eek: But my question is; how many Tylenol PM can you take without overdose. I'm just wondering. Nothing Serious. Thanks :)

Had too much tylenol [ 1 Answers ]

So I was very depressed last night and called my friend but she wasn't available and then for some stupid reason I decided to take half a bottle of tylenol I'm not sure how many I took because I just emptied the bottle it could've been 20 or so but nothing has happened to me so far except I get...

View more questions Search