Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    friends4vjjk Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 09:37 PM
    Unable to acess website in intranetwork
    Dear Friends

I'm working for 1mnc as sys-admin we are facing problem in acessing 1website in our intranetwork but if we try to acess site using IP address provided by our ISP its works its not working in our internal network and gives result as page under construction and if we Ping "Website Name" it gives ipadd address of our DNS server not websites ipaddress.

Help
    =OTS=G-Man Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Sep 15, 2008, 10:36 PM
    Are you hosting the DNS record for the domain there? Or is it just an internal network DNS for you internal computers, if its hosting the name I would double check the DNS record and make sure its right. Sounds like the domain is pointing to the wrong IP. You could also make sure there is no stale dns records, you should be able to flush the DNS servers cache and then I would try it on all your internal machines and see if that works.

To clear the cache on the dns server, I can only tell you if your using Server 2000/3 DNS server. Go to the Forward lookup for the name in question and then go to Action -> Reload
    Then I would do the normal Windows flush "ipconfig /flushdns" in a command prompt

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems to acess a shared folder [ 2 Answers ]

In a small Lan all the computers are in workgroupe,there are two computers are logged in as local user .suppose one user is Ajaya logged into computer one Pratap is another user logged into computer two.Ajaya shared a folder named rr giving full permission ,on computer two when Pratap wants to...

W2 acess on line [ 3 Answers ]

I need my w2s how do I get them on line?

Cannot Acess Hardisk [ 4 Answers ]

I recently attempted to replace my motherboard with an alternative. I was very careful to handle the hardrive with care. Yet it seems as though I didn't do this enough. The motherboard didn't work out so I put my original motherboard back in my computer. Now whenever I try to start it up, the...

Can't acess mp3's on my 2nd drive [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem accessing music files on my 2nd hard drive it's a 200gb with a single partition 1st partition will allow access to everything apart from mp3's about 4000 of them ! Plus my comp will not read any info about it , i.e. in properties it has a capacity of 0 mb and 0mb spare,. computer...

Acess denied [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a program from a set of CDs I bought but every time I put in the install CD I get "access denied." Help!

View more questions Search