Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobsyauncle95 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2013, 08:43 PM
    Is it legal to adopt myself out if I am over 16 in nz?
    I don't get on with my parents, at all. I live on my own anyway. I am living with my best friend who's parents are willing to adopt me, seeming I'm over 16 is this legal to do so even without my birth parents consent?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 12, 2013, 09:17 PM
    I do not know NZ law for sure, but in most countries you are unable to make legal decisions for yourself until you are a legal adult--18 in most places.

So no, you cannot make this legal decision without the input of your legal guardians and their consent.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2013, 10:03 PM
    No, but if they have stopped supporting you, are you run away, or did they give permission to move out.

With an attorney you may be able to show they no longer care for you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want to adopt my niece and already have legal custody I live in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Florida I have legal custody of my niece through an attorney and I would like to know how I could adopt her without going through another attorney.. any help?

How do I adopt my best friend to be my legal sister [ 2 Answers ]

I just lost my last sibling I have the most amazing best friend. We already consider ourselves as sisters, would love to become legal siblings. How do we do this? All we have is each other as far as siblings go.

Legal guardians, want to TPR and adopt [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I are the legal guardians of my sister's 2 children, ages 2 and 1. The state of Tenn took them away from her at the time of their birth because they were born with cocaine in their systems. We have had Christian since he was 6 months (he's now 2) and Savannah since she was 3 weeks...

Is it legal to adopt an immigrant with whom you are having sex? [ 4 Answers ]

I know someone who was living with and having a sexual relationship with an alien who was already married to someone in Mexico. To get citizenship for this immigrant, the person adopted the immigrant. Is this legal?

My stepfather wants to adopt me, what are some pros and cons in the legal system? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 20 year old step-daughter, and my mom and step-dad want for him to adopt me. My mothers health is not good (she has Hep C and other liver problems) and in all reality, she probably does not have much time left. Call it paranoia, but I would like to know the legal differences of this...

View more questions Search