Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chadmaan Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Worked with 2 different companies, how to file tax return
    I have worked for 2 different companies in 2007. The second company I joined was in December only. So how do I have to file tax return. Can federal and state tax be filed together?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Yes, you merely combine the incomes, many people may work for 4 or 5 companies, For example, I worke actually for 3 companies, and did selp employment with two separate 1099's, for w2 all you do is combine the incomes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to file for State Tax return? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student on an F-1 visa from india. I earned around $3000 in the 2004 calendar year. I will file for my Federal Tax returns, but do I need to file for my State tax too? I live in New York City, but my income was under the $7500 quota for a single individual. It is my...

Do I file a state tax return? [ 1 Answers ]

I received a 1099-G from the New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions because I received unemployment benefits in 2007. This was the only form of income I received last year. There were no state income taxes withheld so my question is, do I need to file a state tax return? I'm sure the...

Do I need to file tax return ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I was in US for 5 yrs and returned to India in June 2005. I don't have any income from US, except Interest Income (<2500) from US banks. Let me know do I have to file 1040NR ? Thanks

How should a h1-b holder file tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

I got hi-b visa and arrived and worked in New York at November 1,2005. How should I file tax return? How many kinds of taxes should I pay? Which forms should I use? I only know the deadline of 2005 income tax return is July 17,2006. Thank you very much.

1.5 Months - Should I file tax return [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Im in H1B and came here last November. My SSN application got delayed and got it only on January. My company says even though you were paid, you shall not file tax returns for year 2005. That salary will be carried forward and will be treated together with the 2006 salary. They are planning...

View more questions Search