Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sophie_1D_x Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2010, 11:47 AM
    i want to be a backup dancer
    I'm 13 years old , I haven't took any dance classes yet I'm joining ballet in march =D it's always been my dream to become a backup dancer for a celebritiy . I randomly dance everywhere I go. People think I'm a freak when I do but I don't care I love to dance. Can anyone help me?. and tell me what I should do?.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 20, 2010, 01:06 PM
    Good career. Very tough and competitive. You have to take orders well, over and over and over, for hours. Those videos are shot hundreds of times until they are right. When you try out or are hired, if you can't follow the routine quickly you are fired on the spot. Many of the routines are taught by sequences that you must memorize.
    Ballet, gymnastics, any exercise that keeps you strong and limber (and thin).
    There are classes in backup type dancing popping up all over the country.
    Ask your ballet teacher to direct you to one later.
    Sophie_1D_x Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2010, 01:14 PM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    thank you =D you have helped a lot
    briannat Posts: 10, Reputation: -1

Dec 31, 2010, 12:30 PM
    Maybe we should be a team. You have to join more than ballet though. Like hip hop, tango etc. you need to practice hard and never give up. Dancing can be painful. You shouldask an expert how to do special moves. If you succeed answer me back. I love to sing. Just like you except for I sing I sing all the time because singing comes naturally to me. People think I'm weird but I don't care singing is fun for me. FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS!
    Chyna_Ballerina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2011, 01:32 PM
    Hi I am on the same path as you but I started dancing at 5 I have put hard work into and want to start auditions, I am going to LaGuardia Performing Acts school in NY City I need help though I need connections or I want to start a crew any possibilities on that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend just became a go-go dancer [ 4 Answers ]

So just recently my girlfriend started go-go dancing because she has gotten a huge amount of debt that she can't pay off. She has always said she would never do this (her mom used to be a go-go dancer) and really thought it was degrading. She says she's only going to do it until she pays off her...

I want to be a dancer I'm 17 and I also want to be a lawyer. Can I do both? [ 2 Answers ]

I just joined the dance team at my school and I love it! I've always loved dancing but never could afford taking classes. I would love to become a professional dancer like ballroom -international latin.? I also wanted to be a lawyer but I don't know what type yet... I don't know what to do! And I'm...

I want to be a dancer [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Justine Hunter and I want to become a dancer for hip hop! I love it every day I will go on and look up dance movers I am 11 year young I know I am young but you will be surprised how I dance

I want to be a dancer [ 3 Answers ]

How do I start to be a dancer if I'm in secondary school

View more questions Search