Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kikiandty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 10:41 AM
    False statement felony charge
    I have been charged with false statement as a felony. My vehichle was involved in a crime in which I had no idea about, I gave the police false info on who was driving the car not knowing what the car was involved in. I was not read any rights or anything when the investigator came to my home to ask about the driver of the car nor did I write anything down. I was cohersed to come into the investigators office thinking I was going to get my car back. When I went in the investigator asked me about the driver of the car the night the crime was committed. I did indeed tell the truth and the officer recoreded my true statement. My rights were never read to me and oh yeah on my warrant paper they have that I lied at the investigators office but that's when I told the truth about the driver of car. At my home was when I lied about who drove the car. I woyuld take the charge of giving a false statement but what I'm not understanding is how can it be a felony charge being that I had nothing to do with or knowlegde of the crime that was committed. The police lied to me three times about how they got a hold of my car. They also kept my car as evidence until the driver turned themselves in ( can they do That). Also my car was parked at least 3 blocks where crime was committed did the officers have the right to seize my car? Please need help I'm a single parent of 1 and I have a clean record.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 24, 2011, 10:52 AM
    The police are allowed to lie to you, I know, you can't lie to them, but they are allowed to lie to you. But that is how it works, they can tell you about evidence that does not exist anything to get you to confess.

Also at this point, they must believe you know something about the crime, in fact I would say that they must believe you were involved in the crime.

The defense to one lie is not going to be I lied the other time. What you need is a good attorney.

The issue here is they don't have to read you your rights, if you at the time are not a suspect, if they are asking you questions as a witness you are not read any rights.

Yes they have the right to take evidence and can actually hold it until the bad guys are caught and the trial is over. So if they will give it to you after the driver turns his self in, then that is lucky ( but may also just be another lie also)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False reporting charge [ 2 Answers ]

I have been investigated for neglect in taking care of my boyfriend who is disabled I have beentaking care of him since jan of this year I had a friend come to visit whom started stuff which was uncalled for and she disrespected him the whole time he asked her to leave and she called the cops and...

First time felony offense for false statement in ga [ 10 Answers ]

I am a married woman with 2 kids and a homemaker. I witnessed an incident at school involving my daughter and a teacher. I was asked by the school to give my written statement as to what I saw. I agreed to the request and turned in to the pricnipal my unsigned statement. After some appeals up...

Signed a False Statement [ 32 Answers ]

I suffer from major depression, panic attacks, and insomnia. All verified by medical records. I was in the parking lot at work and found a purse. I picked it up to bring it into the main office but I stopped in the washroom first. I picked up my lunch items and forgot the purse on the couch....

False statement [ 11 Answers ]

If someone who accuses someone of a felony but lies about who he/she is and where he works i.e. denied being in the military. Also lied about the events. How can he/she lying about being in the military help the case.

View more questions Search