Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puppy_dog501 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 04:58 PM
    I hate my hair!
    My hair is naturally very curly and I don't like it and I want it to be really straight but I don't want to chemically straighten it and flat-ironing it just takes way to long for my hectic schedule and I don't know whether to enjoy it or try and find a way to change it:confused:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 8, 2009, 05:10 PM

My hair is naturally very straight and I don't like it and I want it to be naturally very curly like my sister's. I hate perms and I hate using rollers or curlers. I have a hectic schedule and don't want to have to mess with my hair all the time. Should I try to find a good cut or what should I do?

(No one is ever happy with her hair. Find a good stylist and an easy-care cut that looks good on you.)

May 8, 2009, 05:14 PM

NOTHING will make my hair straight except straighting which as I said takes too much time
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 8, 2009, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by puppy_dog501 View Post
    NOTHING will make my hair straight except straighting which as I said takes to much time
    I was trying to point out to you that even straight-haired girls hate their hair. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Find a good stylist. I did for my awful, straight hair.

May 8, 2009, 05:19 PM

Ya I'm trying to get some money to get a hair make-over so I guess ill try your soloution

May 8, 2009, 07:09 PM

If anyone else has any ideas say so
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 07:23 PM

In a few years, curly will be back in style. It will be better then, for you and for me.

If your hair takes a long time to straighten with a flat iron, you probably have plenty of hair (it gets damaged) to have chemically straightened. Have it straightened by someone who has, and has worked extensively with curly hair. You may love it.

Wondergirl, naturally straight hair does not tie itself in knots with the slightest breeze. You're right though, most women wish their hair was different.

May 8, 2009, 07:25 PM

I don't know but it is nice to know that u have curly hair and guess what happened to me this morning?
    lala55555 Posts: 28, Reputation: 0
    -

May 8, 2009, 07:26 PM

OMG same here but mine is straight naturally but frizzy and I can't do anything to help it be cool :(

May 8, 2009, 07:29 PM

No mi mom told me I take after her my hair there is a lot of it but it gets so tangled cause it is so fine but this morning (mi hairbrush brush part pops out of the handle part) I was brushing mi hair and then it popped out suddenly and landed in the toilet(FULL OF PEE!) and mi mom had to throw it out!

May 8, 2009, 07:42 PM

simoneaugie how can you be so sure about curly being back in style?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 8, 2009, 07:48 PM

How long is your hair now and what does it look like (color, bangs? ).

May 8, 2009, 08:02 PM

Curly bangs, off to the side and it is really dark brown(im saving up money to get it professinally dyed black with a vibrant blue streak) and it is just past my shoulders and when(on the rare occasion I do straighten it) it is about to the middle of my shoulder blades andit is really curly and after a shower when it drys it is puffy and frizzy and hard to manage for a day
    IWHO Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

May 8, 2009, 08:08 PM

There is a product called Cellophane that is used to make your hair shiny. It also closes the cuticle and helps to control unruly hair. I had a perm go terribly wrong, my hair frizzed uncontrollably, was matted to my head, and there was NO WAY IN H_LL a comb was going through it... a stylist at JC Penney's recommended this inexpensive treatment... it only cost $15 and it gave me my hair back... because my hair is so damaged now, I have to get this treatment once a month, but I love it... today, instead of that treatment, she gave me a new Reconstructive Treatment by Redken that just came out... my hair is awesome... I still have to straighten out all the kink that was put into it, but it takes 1/3 the time... or less... just a suggestion... and by the way, my hair doesn't frizz anymore...
    Pokerface5 Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 08:19 PM

My hair is naturally curly also. Learn to embrace it and love it, besides, there is nothing you can do to straighten your hair naturally. People with straight hair have more oil producing hair glands so they have t wash their hair more, but that's why it's straight. People with curly hair have less oil and have to wash less.

May 8, 2009, 08:28 PM

Neat Pokerface5

May 8, 2009, 08:29 PM
    IWHO I will try to get my mom to let me try it ty
    IWHO Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

May 8, 2009, 08:50 PM
    IWHO i will try to get my mom to let me try it ty
    Opt for the new Redken Reconstructor if you can find it... my hair is now the hair I have always wanted, shiny, bouncy, smooth, loose... but just a few weeks ago, it was the worst nightmare, and I wanted to shave my head... even my stylist was amazed that I still HAD hair after the damage that was done... my stylist couldn't get the conditioner through my hair when she was trying to work with it... so she pulled out the Cellophane and I was hooked... if you can't find the Redken product, which by the way, they use two diff things... one stays on for 5 minutes, then they spray on the 2nd one on top of the first one , and it stays on your hair for an additional 10 minutes... but if they don't have that product now, do Cellophane... but I would not recommend imitations... if they don't have the name brand product, go elsewhere, and like I said, I paid $15 for both at Penney's. :D

May 9, 2009, 09:01 AM

So what does the cellophane do?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 9, 2009, 09:23 AM
    so what does the cellophane do?
    Cellophane Treatment
    Q: I would like to try a cellophane treatment on my hair but don't know much about it. What are the pros and cons? Are there any damaging effects? If so, then what are other, safer alternatives to cellphane with similar results?

A: The “cellophane” treatment being referred to is actually a semi-permanent color service that uses no pigment in the hair color formula. Instead clear glossing agents are used which get deposited into the hair adding substance and shine by filling and plumping the shaft and sealing the cuticle layer. The result is hair that looks healthier and shinier, and feels silkier than before. It also makes the natural color more vibrant and lush by increasing the light refraction due to the shine.

Some salons offer the “cellophane” treatment as a separate service, while others will add the “cellophane” gloss agents to a tinted color service to combine the effect of the two into one service – adding color and shine to the hair. These “two-in-one” services are great for women who want to add some “oomph” to their hair color without a big color commitment.

If you aren’t sure you want to even try a semi-permanent color treatment (which generally washes out in 8-12 shampoos), you can opt for a purely “styling level” additive and use “shine enhancer”. This is a light oil spray (usually fruit oils) that is designed to add a glossy shine to the hair. Simply mist the styled hair from 8-10 inches away with the shine enhancer and let the hair absorb the oil. Use the spray sparingly, as it is easy to over-do it and you’ll end up with greasy-looking hair.

The shine enhancing spray is ideal for women with naturally curly hair who want to help control frizz and keep their curls looking healthy. In this case, simply spritz the damp curls with the shine enhancer and let the hair dry naturally. The oils will help keep the curls sleek, smooth and soft to the touch.

©Hairfinder.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have red hair and I hate it [ 7 Answers ]

I have read numerous topics on this, but I really want to find out more. I have red hair and I really hate it, I know people will say its more about what's on he inside than what's on the outside but its different when you get teased all the time and is as self conscious as I am. I don't...

I have this thin hair and I hate it! I really want a lush and thick hair [ 2 Answers ]

I was not really blessed wd lush and thick hair ever since... do you know sum natural treatment or any products which will help me have the thick hair I always want? HELp me... :confused:

I hate my hair! [ 4 Answers ]

I dyed my hair a few weeks ago and I thought it would look cute if I put light brown highlights in my dark brown hair but the lady at the salon put a golden color and she made them streaks. Well now I try to hide the streaks the best I can by parting my hair to another side but it completely ruined...

I hate my hair [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally red hair and as I have gotten older my hair has started to look more like strawberry blonde and very washed out. So this morning I decided to dye my hair - YUCK! What a mistake - I now have RED hair but very uneven, almost burgundy in some spots and I am afraid to go into the sun...

I Hate My Hair [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I dyed my hair yesterday at the salon... dark dark brown with blonde stripes.. and I hate it... I want to go back light brown.. what should I do :(

View more questions Search