Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nina06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2014, 07:45 AM
    Bad dye job at home!
    Hi,
    My hair was colored w/highlights. It was getting way too light over several weeks so I took it upon myself to color over it. I used a med brown from Loreal. The color is extremely dark! Almost muddy looking to me. I did this two days ago. Today I used Dawn dishwashing soap and let it sit for a few min on my hair, then rinsed and used conditioner. Any fool proof suggestions on how to lighten up this color? I like a rich brown (used to be my natural color). Thanks :)
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Apr 28, 2014, 07:24 AM
    My wife does citric acid treatments. Get citric acid and form a paste with it and massage it into your scape. Let it sit for a bit, the longer the lighter, and then wash it out.

This advice is provided without guarantee of effectiveness, use at your own risk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad hair dye job [ 5 Answers ]

I have blonde hair and wanted to dye it slightly darker blonde. It came out brown with greenish tint. I used a blonde color dye. I just hate this color. It looks like me hair hasn't been washed in months! HELP!

Bad at home dye job [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dyed reddish brown color I have dyed it a couple of times in permanent and want to have my natural light golden brown hair back :confused:is this any way possible?

Bad dye job [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had highlights and lowlights put in my hair, and the stylist made my lowlights extremelly dark. My hair is naturally a medium brown and the color she put in is more like a black color. I truly hate it, I look like I am dressing up as a witch for halloween. I need to know what is the...

Bad Dye Job [ 5 Answers ]

Here it goes... I am naturally a med brown, wanted to go darker so I dyed it dark brown. That ended up BLACK. I used a color remover which left my hair orange, then I dyed over that with a Med warm brown ( Ion Brilliance) which left it a dark brown with lots and lots of red. It almost looks like...

Bad dye job [ 1 Answers ]

I am a natural brunette and have been adding blonde highlights to my hair for a couple of months. It became too expensive at the salon so I decided to dye my hair back to my natural color (or as close as I could get) and let my roots grown in. Unfortunately for some reason light golden brown...

View more questions Search