Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RbzBaby Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 04:31 PM
    Baby doppler! Is it my heartbeat or babies?
    I ordered a sonotrax baby monitor from China off eBay. When I got it home I was so excited to use it. I put the gel on and started, after searching for like 25 minutes, I found a heartbeat next to my bellybutton, it seemed slow so I thought it was mine. Minutes later I went back, heartbeat was gone. I found it again on the other side. I stopped trying and came back with a more full blatter and tried just above my pelvic bone, and found it again. 120bpm, when I checked my pulse it was about 120bpm some how. I'm not sure if something is wrong with ME or if it is the baby's heartbeat I'm hearing. Any help or advice would be wonderful!
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Jul 25, 2009, 08:31 PM

How far along are you? Your heart rate should be in the 60-80 where as a fetus is in the 120s+. Have you heard the heart beat at your doctors office yet?
    RbzBaby Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ang8318 View Post
    How far along are you? Your heart rate should be in the 60-80 where as a fetus is in the 120s+. Have you heard the heart beat at your doctors office yet?
    I am 18w2days today. I ended up trying again later, and it just took a while to find the baby's heartbeat. My heartbeat was racing because I was nervous when I couldn't find the babies. After a while of trying I found the babys-- 156 =)
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 09:17 PM

I had a store bought heartbeat detector too, and it didn't work until I was almost done cooking ;) you may not be far enough along for it to pick it up yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Babies dads name is not on the birth certificate but his last name is on the baby [ 3 Answers ]

My baby is due in about 5 weeks and I need to know if I put the babies dads last name on my baby but I don't put him down for the father and leave it unknown could he still fight for custody of my baby? We were never married and we don't live in the same state right now. But I need to know the...

Will I have any idea if my baby has no heartbeat? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 8w6d pregnant. I have my first ultra sound apt. and I am so nervous about it. I was wondering is there anyway in knowing if you will know if your baby has no heartbeat when t is inside of you? I am at high risk, and I'm beginning to lose my symptoms but I don't know if that is normal. Please...

Irregular Heartbeat in unborn baby [ 7 Answers ]

I am days away from hitting the 30 weeks mark, and at my last doctor's appointment which was days ago. The mid-wife was listening to the babies heartbeat and she heard a flutter sound every other heartbeat. After consulting the doctor they decided to send me to a high risk doctor at Winnie Palmer...

I Was 19 Had two babies but not twins Baby And They Took Her [ 4 Answers ]

I was adopted growing up and was Physically,Sexually AND Emotionally scared FOR Life .I ended up going to Jail I was in there almost a year .When I got out I ended Up getting Pregnant I Was Dating A Police Officer AT THE TIME (NOT THE Child's Father )She Was Born Early And Was A Sick Baby I Went TO...

View more questions Search