Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolhilf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2013, 04:58 AM
    Can I hold a mortgage on a house
    I want to hold a mortgage on a house I inherited from my neighbor who passed
    Away. My daughter and her family wants to move into the house but, can not get a mortgage at this time. The house they were living in is now being rented I have two other daughters who find this not a good thing I am doing , because they think she might default on the payments. If I should die I would want her to
    Pay off the house so the monies can be divided with my other two children. Is this a good idea or should I go aobut this another way.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2013, 07:17 AM
    I would do NOTHING without first consulting with an Attorney - my husband had an iron clad will and I still ended up in (and out) ofr Court for 18 months. This could cause all sorts of problems - protect yourself and avoid family conflict.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 22, 2013, 07:24 AM
    Is there a mortgage on the house now? If so, just let her make the payments. You are no worse off if she defaults.

If not then have her do a contract for sale. You can put what she pays in an account to be divided up among the other siblings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it wise to hold a first mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

Is it wise to hold a first mortgage?I

I hold a mortgage and promissory note on a house, must I file these? [ 2 Answers ]

I have sold a business and hold a mortgage and a promissary note, but have not filed these. Do I need to file them?

How can I hold a mortgage for a buyer for a house that I own outright? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I hold a mortgage for a buyer on a house I own outright?

How can I hold a mortgage for a buyer for a house that I own outright? [ 1 Answers ]

How ca I hold a mortgage for a buyer on a house I own outright?

Hold a mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

What does it mean to hold a mortgage for a buyer?

View more questions Search