Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sonnyc59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2013, 09:30 AM
    $5 silver certificate serial number starts with a star
    Any idea of how much one that starts with a star is worth in circulated shape. Just found it in a box in the back of my closet an little wrinkled up.

Thank you.
    ThinkSpace Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2013, 01:24 PM
    A STAR Note is a note with a STAR (*) in the prefix or suffix position of the serial number. These notes are typically used to replace a note damaged during the printing process to maintain the correct count of notes in a serial number run. Packs of STAR notes are sometimes released when the supply is greater than what's needed. Since STAR notes are much more uncommon, they are prized by collectors.

As far as value, I have not seen any sold from a reputable dealer over $35/each, in circulated condition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1935 one dollar silver certificate with a star in the serial number [ 3 Answers ]

Perfect in every way never has never been touched,besides at mint

Silver Certificate 1957 Blue Seal A series serial # starts with a D [ 0 Answers ]

what is the approximate value of a 1957 A series blue seal 1 dollar bill with a serial # starting with a D

1935 F One dollar blue seal silver certificate with star in serial number [ 0 Answers ]

What is the value? Serial number is *0904899G 1935F C8471(Plate number?) Signed by Robert Anderson and ? Baker Priest.

Value of 1957 silver certificate with star next to serial # [ 43 Answers ]

I have 15 consecutive silver certificates in CRISP condition with the star next to the serial number. What is the value of these dollars... Thanks

1935 one dollar silver certificate with a star in the serial number [ 7 Answers ]

It has a star in front *18357574G IT IS A 1935g series it has a R8210 IN LOWRE RIGHT HAND. IT HAS A BLUE SEAL AND SERIAL NO# is in blue.at top it has silver certificate. It has no folds are dirt or creases at all nor is it worn any... bill is perfect.great color. Can you tell me close...

View more questions Search