Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mistymcdowell Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2011, 03:03 PM
    Kelo v. The city of new London
    In the case of Koel v. The city of New London, What ethical character traits were the justices exemplifying by taking this stand? What ethical character traits are they violating?

Oct 2, 2011, 03:10 PM
    Case kelo v. City of new London
    Are the justices submitting to the pressures of ethical relativism by taking this stand, or are they seeking some sort of universal standard?

Oct 2, 2011, 03:15 PM
    Case of Kelo v. City of new London
    Why did Kelo and the other defendants bring this lawsuit to the state court of Connecticut?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 2, 2011, 03:17 PM
    Thank you for asking our help with your homework assignment. However, there are some rules we have for doing so.
    Do not simply retype or paste a question from your book or study material

We won't do your homework questions for you. You were given the assignment for you to learn.

If you come up with your own answer or process and post it for us to critique that is acceptable. If you have some SPECIFIC questions that you couldn't find or didn't understand, we may help with that.
    But this is your assignment, so show us you have at least attempted to complete it on your own.

Thank you.

Also please don't post multiple threads for the same issue. Your threads have been merged.

Oct 2, 2011, 04:49 PM
    Kelo with the others filed the lawsuit to prevent what they called unlawful, unconstitutional confiscation of their property. They said the transfer of their land to the NLDC for private development purposes did not qualify as public use.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 04:58 PM
    So what do you think ? We will help you, but even after being told you still post your homework question without trying to answer it.

Oct 2, 2011, 07:42 PM
    No! Actually this is not a homework assignment that I am trying to get a free ride on, I am doing a four page report on this case, I have worked and worked on this report and these are the only two questions I can not seen to get. I have been researching this for a week and I seen this site so I figured I would try this. Guess I was wrong, and yes I do have to answer these questions and if you would have helped me I would still have a lot me input to do on the subject, it is a FOUR page report you can not just answer the questions.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2011, 03:28 AM
    Misty, you have misunderstood what we are saying. What is your report for if not for school? If it is that qualifies as a homework assignment.

But all we are asking is that you show us you have done the work.

I'm not sure where ethics even come into play in this decision (and I assume you are referring to the SCOTUS decision, not a lower court's). The Constitution allows seizure of private property for public use with just compensation.

The question here was since the land would eventually be used for private ownership did that violate the public use proviso. The majority opinion felt that the economic development of the area was for the benefit of the community and fit the public use proviso.

While the majority ruling could be seen as pro business and anti private property I don't see an ethical issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

City tours to New York City from Toronto [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am contemplating visiting New York City (NYC) for a couple of days and was wondering if any of you knowledgeable folk could perhaps recommend a good NYC tour that would depart from Toronto, Ontario.(Not... that I am... from Toronto... no:)) I suppose my question is rather...

Technically, the City of Birmingham is larger than the City of London is this true ? [ 1 Answers ]

Technically, the City of Birmingham is larger than the City of London is this true ?

Will probation in the state of Texas transfer form city to city? [ 2 Answers ]

My frind live live in Texas and he's going to court to sign his papers for his probation. He want to do his probation in a different city from which he live. Will his probation transfer?

Resident of long island city subject to New York city tax? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I am a resident of long island city in queens and works in manhattan. Am I subject to New York city tax?

View more questions Search