Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crl03 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2012, 04:51 PM
    Miscarriage
    I need to know how long does it take to naturally miscarry ? It been 4 weeks since I was told my baby didn't have a heart beat I was told I was 13w4d I don't know how long I had been pregnant because my periods had always been funny . But I still don't have any signs of miscarrying I haven't been to my doctor yet because I just got back in town what should I do ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 04:01 AM
    You should check in with your doctor as soon as possible.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 05:30 AM
    Check in with your doctor ASAP. It's been so long you risk developing an infection. You need to have this delivered yesterday.

Aug 20, 2012, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Check in with your doctor ASAP. It's been so long you risk developing an infection. You need to have this delivered yesterday.
    Ok I'm going to the doctors Monday that's as soon as they could me in or should I try urgent care before I go because I don't want to get sick .
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 04:07 PM
    Next Monday? That's too long to wait. You should go to the ER or urgent care.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 04:18 PM
    I'm shocked that your doctor didn't schedule a D & C.

I don't want to second guess things here, but you stated you're not sure of how far along you are. How was it determined that you're 13 weeks 4 days pregnant? Also, how did they check for a heartbeat, was it via doppler, or ultrasound?

I'm not a doctor, but I'd get a second opinion. With most pregnancies a heartbeat isn't detectable by doppler until 11 weeks, 12 weeks is more common. Could it be that your not as far along as suspected, and that's why no heartbeat was heard?

When you go to urgent care they'll likely check before they do a D & C. If they don't, I'd ask.

Don't mean to give you false hope, you were seen by a doctor, so there's really no reason to question that diagnosis, other than the fact that doctors are humans too, and mistakes happen.

Either way I wish you all the best.

Aug 20, 2012, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I'm shocked that your doctor didn't schedule a D & C.

I don't want to second guess things here, but you stated you're not sure of how far along you are. How was it determined that you're 13 weeks 4 days pregnant? Also, how did they check for a heartbeat, was it via doppler, or ultrasound?

I'm not a doctor, but I'd get a second opinion. With most pregnancies a heartbeat isn't detectable by doppler until 11 weeks, 12 weeks is more common. Could it be that your not as far along as suspected, and that's why no heartbeat was heard?

When you go to urgent care they'll likely check before they do a D & C. If they don't, I'd ask.

Don't mean to give you false hope, you were seen by a doctor, so there's really no reason to question that diagnosis, other than the fact that doctors are humans too, and mistakes happen.

Either way I wish you all the best.
    I went to clinic out of town I didn't want to see any of their doctors there . I had a ultrasound there I seen my baby there was no movement or anything they told me I was 13w4d I was having pains they said it should naturally happen but it hasn't yet . I'm home now so I called to see my doctor and she said Monday was the first appointment I could get I took another pregnancy test and it was negative that was just about 3 days ago .
    Pets Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crl03 View Post
    I went to clinic out of town I didn't want to see any of their doctors there . I had a ultrasound there I seen my baby there was no movement or anything they told me I was 13w4d I was having pains they said it should naturally happen but it hasn't yet . I'm home now so I called to see my doctor and she said Monday was the first appointment I could get I took another pregnancy test and it was neg that was just about 3 days ago .
    This is very strange. A pregnancy test at this point should still be positive. The hormones aren't out of your body yet, especially since you're still carrying the child.

Have you been bleeding at all?

Are you sure you were even pregnant?

Something doesn't add up here.

Aug 20, 2012, 05:34 PM
    This is very strange. A pregnancy test at this point should still be positive. The hormones aren't out of your body yet, especially since you're still carrying the child.

Have you been bleeding at all?

Are you sure you were even pregnant?

Something doesn't add up here.
    I thought that was normal because the baby didn't have a heart beat yes I'm sure I was I got positive test when I got ultrasound and afterwards I waited to miscarry and nothing happened I took another test a few days ago it was negative . So I'm not sure what happening I seen the baby on the screen so I'm sure I was pregnant . I had no bleeding at all the day I went to the clinic I had brown spotting that day and that's it . Pain like period cramps at time but no bleeding .
    Pets Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 06:19 PM
    I thought that was normal because the baby didn't have a heart beat yes I'm sure I was I got positive test when I got ultrasound and afterwards I waited to miscarry and nothing happened I took another test a few days ago it was neg . So I'm not sure what happening I seen the baby on the screen so I'm sure I was pregnant . I had no bleeding at all the day I went to the clinic I had brown spotting that day and that's it . Pain like period cramps at time but no bleeding .
    Since the ultrasound what's been happening? Any bleeding? Any cramps?

False negatives with a urine test are common, very common, even after a confirmed pregnancy. So forget about the pregnancy test you took, especially since a negative makes no sense right now.

Go to urgent care, or a hospital. Tell them that you had an ultrasound a month ago, no heartbeat was detected, but you have yet to miscarry. Insist that another ultrasound is done before they go ahead with a D & C.

None of this makes sense. Get a second opinion. That's my advice to you, but do it right away. If the ultrasound was right, and the baby is dead, you do risk infection. If I'm right and it was too early to detect a heartbeat, you do need to know so you can seek prenatal care. Either way, you need to go to the hospital.

Please let us know what happens, and I wish you the best of luck.

Aug 20, 2012, 06:25 PM
    Since the ultrasound what's been happening? Any bleeding? Any cramps?

False negatives with a urine test are common, very common, even after a confirmed pregnancy. So forget about the pregnancy test you took, especially since a negative makes no sense right now.

Go to urgent care, or a hospital. Tell them that you had an ultrasound a month ago, no heartbeat was detected, but you have yet to miscarry. Insist that another ultrasound is done before they go ahead with a D & C.

None of this makes sense. Get a second opinion. That's my advice to you, but do it right away. If the ultrasound was right, and the baby is dead, you do risk infection. If I'm right and it was too early to detect a heartbeat, you do need to know so you can seek prenatal care. Either way, you need to go to the hospital.

Please let us know what happens, and I wish you the best of luck.
    Ok and thanks you all for the insight I'm going to go to urgent care and I will keep you guys posted. Thanks again
    Pets Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 06:56 PM
    Ok and thanks you all for the insight I'm going to go to urgent care and I will keep you guys posted. Thanks again
    You're welcome.

I'm crossing my fingers.

Just remember that I'm not a doctor, but I did skype a friend of mine that's in his last year of medical school. He agrees that something isn't right, that a mistake may have been made.

I'm hoping that I'm right, that this was just an error, that baby is fine, and you are too.

But, don't count on that. I'm just going by what you posted, and my gut, what I know.

Either way, going to the hospital is your only option, and no matter what they will figure out what you need. :)

Aug 20, 2012, 07:56 PM
    You're welcome.

I'm crossing my fingers.

Just remember that I'm not a doctor, but I did skype a friend of mine that's in his last year of medical school. He agrees that something isn't right, that a mistake may have been made.

I'm hoping that I'm right, that this was just an error, that baby is fine, and you are too.

But, don't count on that. I'm just going by what you posted, and my gut, what I know.

Either way, going to the hospital is your only option, and no matter what they will figure out what you need. :)
    Thanks again :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Threatened miscarriage or misdiagnosed miscarriage? [ 3 Answers ]

I've just recently found out I was pregnant, my period was NOT late yet, but I had light spotting and had high hopes so I took a cheap hpt and it showed up positive(My LMP was 10/20/08). The following day I went to the woman's clinic, I was confirmed pregnant. My OBGYN sent me to a lab for blood...

Miscarriage [ 0 Answers ]

Two days ago I experienced an upper abdominal cramping pain during work that was quite excruciating when it would hit frequently. My boss have me ibuprofen and it began to lessen but still continued. I mean I was having a difficult time taking and taking deep breaths whenever the pain would come....

Miscarriage? [ 3 Answers ]

For the past few days I've been bleeding a darker almost brown blood. And last night I started to bleed bright red blood, and got severe abdonimal pain, cramping, back pain, feverishwith hot flashes and chills, I couldn't stand up straight, and when I tried to use a tampon it hurt extremely bd and...

Have I had a miscarriage? [ 3 Answers ]

My period was late and I had had unprotected sex. Then one day I got cramps,like period pain and one time when I went to the toilet I excreted a fairly large what seemed to be like a clot. But it was not blood,it was greyish in colour and covered in blood. The next time I went to the toilet there...

View more questions Search