Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    riggskr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2013, 08:10 AM
    Retained earnings increase after dividends
    Polycom Systems earned $480 million last year and paid out 20 percent of earnings in dividends.
    By how much did the companys retained earnings increase?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2013, 04:40 PM
    Take your earnings of $480 million times 80%(100%-20%) to get your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retained Earnings = Earnings less dividends [ 5 Answers ]

Could someone confirm that's the correct definition of R.E. I thought R.E. is net not pay out dividend but my professor has in his note as "Retained Earnings = Earnings less dividends"

Cash dividends and retained earnings [ 3 Answers ]

Papa Roach Exterminators, Inc. has sales of $512,000, costs of $265,000, depreciation expense of $32,000, interest expense of $20,000, and a tax rate of 35 percent. If the firm paid out $63,000 in cash dividends, the addition to retained earnings is $_____?

Dividends from retained earnings [ 1 Answers ]

Can a dividend be paid from retained earnings

Dividends and retained earnings [ 2 Answers ]

A company earned $820 million and paid out 20% of their earnings in dividends The questions are: How much did the company's retained earning increase? I came up $2430 If $100 million shares outstanding and a stock price of $50, what was the dividend yield? Please help, couldn't...

Corporation.dividends,retained earnings [ 1 Answers ]

Eidman corporation has 80,000 shares of common stock outstanding. It declares a $1 per share cash dividend on Novemeber 1 to stockholders of record on December 1. The dividend is paid on December 31. Prepare the entries on the appropriate dates to record the declaration and payment of the cash...

View more questions Search