Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MichaelDou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2013, 04:42 PM
    Should I get refunded
    I had to make something for my homework assignment and there were a few mandatory materials. I was able to buy all my materials at a nearby store. I had to order one supply online, there was only one website that was selling the item at the moment. I had to rush the deliver because I only had three days to complete my assignment. I used the two day shipping and it's has now been three days sense I placed the order. The dealer charged my account and I have yet to receive my package. I contacted the website and the dealer five hours ago, but I haven't got a response yet. My h.w. assignment was suppose to be finished by today, but I can't complete my assignment without that material. My professor doesn't tolerate last h.w. assignment's and he will just throw it back to you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2013, 04:44 PM
    How did everyone else in your class manage to get that item incidentally.

Incidentally... two day delivery starts the next business day... THe item has to be pulled from stock.. packed and prepared for shipping... shippers tend to do one pickup a day.. that means the next day it usually gets picked up... and two days is typically two BUSINESS days (business day is Monday through Friday except recognized holidays)... So if you ordered Monday early enough (usually before mid day) it ships on Tuesday and would be delivered two days later on Thursday.

Almost no business deals with orders much less packs or ships on a weekend... and few shippers will pick up on a weekend. Actually none that I know of... Not even FedEx does anything on Sunday and you pay a special premium for a Saturday delivery... over and above normal shipping
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 28, 2013, 04:47 PM
    Please go back to 'I had to make something.'
    No student should be required to buy materials for homework. This wasn't a project of your choosing? You should have complained to the teacher the minute the local store didn't have that one item. If it was a project you chose, it's your own fault.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Earnest Money Not Refunded. [ 3 Answers ]

Is a real estate agent libel if they submit and offer on a HUD property, for a client, as an "investor"... if the agent does not advise the client that HUD, unlike a conventional loan, HUD will not refund the earnest money if the contract is cancelled due to a poor house inspection?

Can we get a hold deposit refunded? [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get application fee and hold deposit back? We live in Texas, and on Aug 21st we viewed the unit and signed the lease, with a move in date of Aug 31. Today, Aug 30, we go to pay the balance of the security deposit and find out when we can get keys, and the manager tells us it won't be ready...

Can my garnishment be refunded? [ 3 Answers ]

My paycheck started to be garnished on Dec 21st for $294. Since then I have had a deduction on Jan 4th for the same amount. The actual company garnishing me says that they don't have the money and my payroll dept says that they sent it to the courts. I filed bankruptcy on Mon Jan 9th... my...

Can I get CA SDI refunded in this case? [ 1 Answers ]

My employer offers private long term disability coverage, but was also taking out the CA SDI. My employer said I should be able to get the SDI back. Is there ay way I can get it refunded? If so, how?

EIC was not refunded.. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi ATE, Thanks for your help and Suggestions provided. I filed my tax returns for 2005 in Oct 2006. I had filed 1040EZ choosing "First Year Election". I did file in Oct 2006 to qualify for First Year Option, Married filing jointly. Today I got the refund credited to my bank account which is...

View more questions Search