Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daddythrax Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Need to learn a new language.
    Need to learn a new language... preferably Danish or Irish...

I just think it will do 2 things in particular for me...

1) Well, ill have a new language to speak and write, I mean, how isn't that cool? Lol...

2) it will help me get my mind off less pleasing topics of my day...

Any help?

Aug 4, 2008, 07:26 PM
    Maybe even French if possible...
    ravana2 Posts: 146, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 03:18 AM
    I can teach you croatian lol .
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 03:32 AM
    How old are you? I would consider enrolling in a course at a nearby college.

Aug 5, 2008, 10:33 AM
    I'm 17 in early Sep.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2008, 04:51 AM
    Where are you located? It would be helpful to know that. The languages that you might like to learn that would be most useful to you will be contingent on where you will like to be using them.

There are all sorts of free, online tutors on the Internet. All you have to do is type in the name of the particular language and then free online tutor to find them. Google would be the best search engine to use in order to find the information.

Thanks!

Aug 6, 2008, 01:51 PM
    I do not live in an area that has very few languages around... but I do plan on moving to Denmark or france some time, so that's why I think those would help... also, I've been thinking lately that arabian might be cool to learn too... no idea why... as for the Irish, I'm mostly Irish decent, so I think it would be nice to learn that for heritages sake... :)
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 12:26 AM
    Got o switzerland, they speak french, german and english
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 12:34 AM
    Hey there Daddythrax! I think learning a new language is a great idea! The suggestions above are fantastic! My best friend in the world is retired but is now going to college to learn her native American Indian Language of Cherokee so she can teach in college immersion classes. You and all others who are bi-lingual or looking into classes have my admiration!!

I would suggest adding one more to the mix. I sign for and with the deaf. Although signs vary in areas, some are international. It never hurts to branch out. The deaf community needs hearing people who can come to their aid in certain situations. I signed for some deaf clients with supervisors who did not sign. The deaf client was so appreciative as they cannot always bring an interpreter. Just a thought! :)

Aug 8, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Well thanks guys! I found some preatty good stuff on those things from you clough!

And ylaira, thanks for the info, but I don't think so... not to be rude or anything though...

And jrebel, I have been doing a few bits and pieces of sign lang for a while... not a favorite, but it all works out sometimes still... thanks anyway!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 12:11 PM
    daddythrax, that's an amazing idea.

My initial goal was to learn 5 languages before graduating college, but fell a little short.

Just out of curiosity, why Danish or Irish?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hardest language to learn [ 18 Answers ]

What do you believe the hardest language is to learn? I would think english if I was't taught it from birth but italian is pretty confusing too.

How to learn a language [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone have a good method for learning languages English to Portuguese?

Learn Kazakh Language [ 2 Answers ]

:) Hello Friends, I intend to learn Kazakh Language. Where can I get informations about Kazakh Language ? Please show me the way, thank you. Anthony PMH 02/04/2005 10:50 am MDT :)

View more questions Search