Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duekergr8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Lost Key
    Hello,

Looking to find out how to hot wire my riding mower. Lost the key. Have a Craftsman with a 18.5 hp Briggs & Stratton.

Thanks,
    Don
    amandafnnll Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Aug 25, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by duekergr8
    Hello,

Looking to find out how to hot wire my riding mower. Lost the key. Have a Craftsman with a 18.5 hp Briggs & Stratton.

Thanks,
    Don
    You can get a new egnition swith at a hardware store for like 10 bucks... very cheap fix and easy to beat
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Even better than that, you can purchase a key for less than $3.00. If your key is the short key, just about any will work, mtd brands, snapper, murray, the key is pretty well generic.
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Hotwiring your tractor is no problem. However, I will not go into detail of how to do so.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 09:16 PM
    MOWERMAN, must spread some around, however you are correct, almost all are generic and less than 3 bucks
    reideinc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by duekergr8
    Hello,

Thanks,
    Don
    I also lost the key to our riding lawn mower; however, I have no wish to hotwire it - just looking for the easiest solution to get the thing started. Where can I buy the 2 keys mentioned above to see if either of them will work for me? Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Hardware store. Lowe's has them. I have several
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 04:04 PM
    E-mail your address to me at this forum and I will send you one
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 4, 2007, 04:51 PM
    You can buy then at Sears Parts stores for $3.49 but the other guys are totally correct. Many keyes operate almost every tractor, mine evenb starts my snow blower and Kawasaki Mule.
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by reideinc
    I also lost the key to our riding lawn mower; however, I have no wish to hotwire it - just looking for the easiest solution to get the thing started. Where can I buy the 2 keys mentioned above to see if either of them will work for me? Thanks!
    Small engine repair shops, hardware stores, maybe even wal-mart. I hope this info does not fall into the wrong hands.

Sep 4, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Yep, everyone will be stealing everybodies tractor now. It is all your fault for giving the criminal neighborhood children bad ideas. Shame, shame. LOL

Sep 4, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Yep, now everyone will be stealing every tractor in town and its all your fault. You gave those naughty children bad ideas. LOL
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Those naughty children don't need a key, heck, they can hot wire one more quick than I can. Probably because there eyesight is better than mine though. That's why Lowe's and Home Depot have log chains and locks on them
    peaden1711 Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Sep 4, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Go to any lawnmower shop and you can buy a universal key for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

Lost Toyota Key [ 6 Answers ]

I lost the key to my 2000 Toyota Duet I have no spare The car has an immobilizer so I cannot move it From where can I order a new key? I need an address

Fn key need shift key all the time [ 2 Answers ]

I have a dell laptop which is inspiron 6400 I have a problem with the fn key which I don't know how it was started The problem is that the fn key isn't working properly for example when I press fn+f1 in order to hibernate nothing happends unless I press the fn+f1+SHIFT key the hibernate happends...

Fn Key [ 1 Answers ]

When I plug in my wireless keyboard... my Fn key gets stuck on or something and then I can't get it to turn off... thus, I can't use my keyboard on the laptop. How do I disable that function?

View more questions Search