Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebakane56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2014, 12:04 PM
    Brown Ooze
    In the bathroom, there is brown ooze seeping from under the tiles. It only occurs when you walk on the floor. This is happening, in from of the toilet. Any idea?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 17, 2014, 01:01 PM
    If you are on septic it could mean it is backed up; or it could be the adhesive used for the tiles,if they are acrylic material. If it is your septic backed up, that is a serious problem and harmful to anyone living in the house; if it is adhesive it means it is really old and needs to be taken up.

One of our plumbers will be along shortly but if it is a septic problem, it needs to be dealt with.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 18, 2014, 04:16 PM
    Hi Rebakane

It is certainly hard to determine much from here, but "brown ooze" by the toilet strongly suggests a leak at the base of the toilet to me...;) What kind of "tile" do you have...vinyl or ceramic/stone? Either way, I would dry the toilet and then flush the toilet and check for leaks at the base of the toilet (leak at base usually indicates that the WAX gasket at the toilet is bad), in between the toilet tank and toilet bowl (indicates a leak at the toilet tank bolts or spud washer), and also check the toilet water supply tube and connections (use paper towel to check entire length of tube/shutoff up to tank).

If nothing is obvious, I would lift the toilet and inspect the area under the toilet...replace the wax gasket at this time and clean all real well. You may need to dry out the area using a dehumidifier or, if the problem persists, you may have a leaker under the ground (if water pipes go under or into the floor).

Start there...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had a bump on my head. When I finally popped it, there was a brownish reddish ooze. [ 0 Answers ]

I had a bump on my head and when I finally popped it there was a brownish reddish ooze and my friend said it looked like mabey a stalph infection. I have some Sulfameth Trimethoprim 800 160 which is a antibiotic and was wondering if I should take that to help clear it up. It has come baclk in the...

Ooze [ 0 Answers ]

Is the thickness of ooze always an accurate indication of the biological productivity of surface water in a given area?

Tried lightening dyed brown hair (Ash brown but turned dark brown), turned coppery? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so I originally had black hair. I'm asian/caucasian mix and my hair is fairly thick. I had it bleached, and it turned a nice honey blonde and a bit coppery at the free ends. Then I dyed it with Revlon Colorsilk Medium Ash Brown. The color turned out too dark so I decided to shampoo it...

Dark Ooze leaking from ductwork [ 2 Answers ]

What might be the possible cause of a dark sticky ooze leaking from the ductwork?

Why do I ooze after having sex? And what is it? [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I have sex, I ooze afterwards. We've always used condoms and even if we don't, we do the pull-out method and he never comes inside me. Also when I masturbate it happens. It's every single time for both of those things. It never fails. So what is it? And how do I make it stop?

View more questions Search