Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CobraGirl03 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Aug 21, 2008, 02:32 PM
    Your children are lucky to have a parent that cares so much and they will know that. I had a father that worked night shift as a single dad for years. Even after he remarried, he still worked as a single provider. I watched him go to work with the flu and barely able to stand and he still could not buy everything we "thought" we needed. I may have regretted not having everything my friends had, but I never once blamed my dad. From the time I was old enough to understand, I have always loved and respected my dad for the sacrifices he made for us. And I even appreciate the things he denied us because I think that it made me appreciate the little things even more. Now that I am older, I try to give back to my dad, buying for him the things he denies himself! I am sure your children will learn to view your sacrifices in the same light and they will be the better for it. I know it hurts you to not be able to provide them everything they want or think they need but as long as you do everything in your power to make them safe and happy, there is no way you are a bad parent! In fact, you are in a higher class of parent compared to most parents I know!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 01:58 PM
    How is everything going?
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Sep 4, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28
    How is everything going?

Everything is OK. Things are financially difficult still, however, I know within about two more payperiods, I should be feeling a little bit of pressure off my shoulders.

I have been taking everyone's advice and doing my best to budget at every single thing.

Thank you for asking, I greatly appreciate it.
    slipknotphan777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 06:33 AM
    Not at all,you are probably very good to your children ,a couple years ago when I was living with my mother we didn't have enough money at once to pay off my school stuff.and I didn't mind.they were still wonderful parents to me and my other siblings:)
    slipknotphan777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 06:34 AM

Why are kids so mean to kids who can not afford name brand clothes?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Step Parent Unfit To Parent? [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how to prove a step parent unfit. My exhusband recently married a woman who my child is all but terrified of. I have asked my child several times what is wrong and they tell me this woman is mean, keeps the child from their father, slaps them, spanks them (which the woman...

Absent parent contesting step-parent adoption [ 11 Answers ]

My husband is attempting to adopt my daughter (age 11), he has been her dad now for about 9 years. The biological father has not seen his child since she was 5 months old and never paid child support. I have a child support order and a permanent restraining order which was granted in Kansas, 1997....

Rights of non custodial parent in a divorce wherein death occurred to custodial parent [ 2 Answers ]

Non custodial non US citizen parent (father) lives in Mexico. Custodial parent of two minor children (5 years old and 1 year old) is US citizen in Illinois. Divorce papers named father but set forth no requirements or terms for visitation, child support etc. There has been little if any contact...

Custodial Parent allows child to live with non custoial parent [ 8 Answers ]

Can the custodial parent allow a minor child to move in with the non custodial parent? Can this be done with out a court order, if both the custodial & non custodial parent agree on the conditions or do they need to file with the court?

Any parent out there? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I are married and have four children. We both parents working but always manage for one of us to be home when the children get home from school or the grandparents. My children age are 14, 12, 10 and 6. Last night, I found my oldest daughter locked herself in the bathroom and was...

View more questions Search