Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 03:33 PM
    I saw three registered gop people switching their party to dem to give support to obama at the caucus.
    EIFS EXPERT Posts: 126, Reputation: 8

Jan 13, 2008, 03:42 PM
    I knew he would run for president also because when it comes down to it he is just making Hillary stronger and maybe that was the reason for him running. Realistically he is inexperienced in foreign affairs, heck he's inexperienced in domestic affairs as well. Since he's been senator he hasn't done much for his constituence.

Side note: Obama claims to be a christian, I don't buy that, but if he is then just imagine how the middle east wack jobs will take that. I don't think we are ready for another Holy war. Especially since we haven't finished with the one we're currently in.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 04:05 PM
    Obama's the real thing. His effort to become president is the real thing.

Check your facts, EIFS Expert. Look what the experienced current president has done for us.
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 04:31 PM
    I'm confused...

You are saying electing a christian will start a holy war, or electing a black man named obama who is christian will start a holy war? The US will be seen as a christian country no matter who is elected.

I'm not trying to butt heads, since we seem to do that. You have a hillary bias that's admitted... your vote, your choice, no beef from me. But you've eluded that the US isn't ready for a man because of his name and his religion.

It might be true... but it almost sounds like you think these are reasons not to elect him. Am I wrong? Wouldn't be the first time.

I think obama has some decent ideas, and that hed even be able to get moderate help from the gop side, and he has an ability to stir up support. I'm disappointed in his "present" votes in the IL sentate... shows he might not want to take a stand when running for election, and if you compare him to clinton, she's been present and voted a lot more... but then again she also is much better known, so he had a lot of campaigning to do...

As for experience, I can't tell you anymore what is needed. I mean who loved G.H.W. Bush? Not the dems, not the gop... and that man had a lot more experience than clinton or sonny boy...

Do you think bush would be where he is with a different group of advisors/administration? I think, maybe, yes.

I just want an election in which I get to choose between two damn fine candidates... instead of the last two when I thought it was dumb and dumber.

Jan 13, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Wondergirl,

I'm no Bush supporter and I don't want to get into a politcal debate but
    You apparently think Bush was the worse thing to happen to American politics, and with that I disagree.

As a native New Yorker I was thrilled at his take no prisoners approach to dealing with the folks overseas that want us either bearded or in burkas.

I admire his back bone and his stick-to-it-tiveness.

Obama is a lier and said he was never a muslim when it is well documented that in fact he was. I'm not racist or prejudice but I'm a little uneasy about his true intentions.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2008, 04:43 PM
    The most significant act of his presidency is the Iraq war and even most rightys admit what a shambles it has been. He will be remembered according to how this Iraq fiasco will be remembered. A mistake!

I think another good reflection on his presidency is the Military Commissions Act and the unlawful disgrace that it is.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EIFS EXPERT
    As a native New Yorker I was thrilled at his take no prisoners approach to dealing with the folks overseas that want us either bearded or in burkas.
    I'm also from NY and was disgusted by his dealings with the wrong people in the Mideast. He should have gone after the Arabs whose people were in the planes that attacked the towers. But no, he secretly jetted his Arab friends out of the country.

I admire his back bone and his stick-to-it-tiveness.
    You mean his stoneheadedness and narrowmindedness?

Obama is a lier and said he was never a muslim when it is well documented that in fact he was.
    Nope, he wasn't. You better read up on that a little more.
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 05:57 PM
    So what's the religious litmus test to be the leader of the US?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EIFS EXPERT
    I'm not racist or prejudice
    Are you sure about that?

Jan 13, 2008, 06:30 PM
    To use the words of our illustrious leader...

"BRING IT ON."

What are you all whining about? I agree he should have gone into Afghanistan even though they never declared war. It was abundantly clear after weeks of investigating that we probably should have done something sooner.

Racist?.

Please. Far from it. Obama is not our best choice in my humble estimation. And as far as the litmus test, yeah I want a litmus test. Ever read how the women live in Saudi Arabia?

I think most women in America should think twice about Barack Hussein Obama.

Hillary Clinton is far more experienced especially if you include her years as First Lady in Arkansas and in the White House. Not to mention her Two terms in the Senate as a ranking member.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 06:44 PM
    The middle name question was answered ages ago.

Jan 13, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Yeah OK, so your satisfied with that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Why would you want to drag it out? It hasn't come up again, so everyone but you must have been satisfied by the explanation. He mentioned it in his first book, so it's not like he tried to hide it.

Jan 13, 2008, 07:05 PM
    I guess I'm unique then..

But the fish don't smell right,. if you catch my drift.

He was hand picked by the powers that be to benefit the Democratic party in the long run.

But not in 2008.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Then why has his middle name not come up at all during the campaigning? I would think that would be a hot button if it had not already been resolved.

He wasn't handpicked by anyone. Durbin encouraged him to run. Oprah encouraged him to run. Is that who you mean by the PTB?

Jan 13, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Uhh... no. Although Oprah plays a significant role in winning Iowa I think Richard Durbin is just another pawn in the great scheme of things.
    Face it, Obama will never win. He's trailing in S.Carolina, Florida, Nevada to name a few.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Oprah had nothing to do with Iowa. Durbin convinced him to run. Mark my words on this day of our Lord, January 13, in this year of our Lord 2008: Obama will be the Dem presidential candidate.

Jan 13, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Did God tell you that? Because otherwise how could you possibly know?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 07:40 PM
    I know. Check back later this year. We will talk again.

Jan 13, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Will do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

De George Syndrome [ 11 Answers ]

I am a psychotherapist who has a patient who has been diagnosed with "De George Syndrome". I am looking for information concerning the symptoms and the management as well as prognosis of the syndrome.

George and junior catoon [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can bought george and junior cartoon

Artist george villa [ 3 Answers ]

I'd like to find out about a watercolor by this artist. Any info appreciated

George and Moses [ 1 Answers ]

George W. Bush, in an airport lobby, noticed a man in a long flowing white robe with a long flowing white beard and flowing white hair. The man had a staff in one hand and some stone tablets under the other arm. George W. approached the man and inquired, "Aren't you Moses." The man ignored...

George Bush [ 52 Answers ]

I hate politics! But recently there has been such a flood of it coming through On TV, radio, and the internet that I can't escape from hearing things - all of which I do not like or condone. Can someone please tell me anything good that president Bush has done for His country. I'm struggling to...

View more questions Search