Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 8, 2010, 10:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    Just one...I got my lenses melted to my eyes from standing too close to a camp fire a few years ago. Other than that, no. I was an Optician for 5 years so I was taught to care for them very well.
    Melted to your eyes!! :eek:

How in the world did someone get them off your eyes, please?

Thanks!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 9, 2010, 11:04 AM

Peeled them off... That's the only way.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2010, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    not really had a problem with lenses, i only wear them rarely in cases where it would be unwise to wear my glasses eg airsofting or paitballing

only times when i have had a problem is when its been my fault and ive either worn one inside out or left them in for too long and my eyes start to ache. other than that thought ive not really had a problem, and since in the summer months im affected badly by hayfever the lenses lessen that because the pollen can't get to my eyes as such :D so the benefits outweigh the downsides for me
    Okay, this is something I never understood. How do you know if your contact lense is inside out? Isn't it the same either way?

I did buy disposable contacts once, but like I said, I couldn't get them in my eye. They were soft contacts, kept flipping into themselves. I did get one in one time, after 2 hours of trying, my eye all red. Then I gave up.

So how do you know if it's inside out? :confused:
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2010, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    Peeled them off...That's the only way.
    Okay, that brings back memories of when they took the contacts off after my surgery. The contacts were stuck to my eye and they used a sharp pointy tool to peel them off.

That was the worst part of the whole thing and I feel really sorry for the guy that had to do it because I kept blinking and turning my head away. Wouldn't you if someone was coming towards your eye with a sharp pointy tool? :eek:
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2010, 01:21 PM

You can tell if they're inside out if they're comfortable or not, when you blink if they're inside out you can feel the edge of the lense. Basically your not supposed to feel them or only very little.
    Vision Expert

May 9, 2010, 01:50 PM

Actually if you make the lens make a bowl on your finger tip and the edges are curled out and under its inside out... Let me see if I can find a picture example.
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2010, 02:04 PM

Which would be why I could feel the edge more if I put it in inside out :D
    Vision Expert

May 9, 2010, 02:06 PM

Yup. Most of the time when you put them in inside out, you blink and they fold and just come out...
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2010, 02:22 PM

Ew! So glad I don't have to wear them! ;)
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2010, 02:30 PM

Nobody has to wear them, it's a preference for those who don't like glasses or in situations where glasses would be a bad idea and they would still like to see :D
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2010, 02:36 PM
    nody has to wear them, its a preference for those who dont like glasses or in situations where glasses would be a bad idea and they would still like to see :D
    This is why I had the surgery Bear, I couldn't put contacts in to save my life and I hate glasses. :)
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2010, 02:43 PM

To be honest id rather wear glasses than have someone shoot my eyes with a laser :o

Plus you can have fun with contacts and get funy ones and secretly laugh at people as you walk past and they give you second glances sayint 'what the hell?' :D
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2010, 02:50 PM
    to be honest id rather wear glasses than have someone shoot my eyes with a lazer :o

plus you can have fun with contacts and get funy ones and secretly laugh at people as you walk past and they give you second glances sayint 'what the hell?' :D
    You can only have fun with them if you can get them in your eye! ;)

The laser wasn't that bad, the burning eyeball smell only lasts for a few seconds. No, I'm not kidding. :eek:
    Vision Expert

May 9, 2010, 03:04 PM

Albear, I wore a green one and a blue one on accident all day and people were giving me weird looks and went into the bathroom at the end of the day and noticed that I was wearing too different colored lenses.
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2010, 03:20 PM

Yeah, contacts aren't for everyone I know, Alty :)

CM I hope you had a good laugh about it afterward :D
    Vision Expert

May 9, 2010, 03:21 PM

I did, cause it was SO OBVIOUS and I didn't notice it...
    Vision Expert

May 9, 2010, 06:14 PM

I LOVE my contacts!
    Uber Member

May 9, 2010, 08:49 PM
    which would be why i could feel the edge more if i put it in inside out :D
    I can't even get mine to stick to my eyes if I try to put them in, inside out!
    Uber Member

May 9, 2010, 08:55 PM
    nobody has to wear them, its a preference for those who dont like glasses or in situations where glasses would be a bad idea and they would still like to see :D
    Not much of a choice there with me concerning wearing contacts. Prescription for my glasses is way too old. Can't yet afford new lenses, and I absolutely have to be able to see in order to drive and play music!
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2010, 02:49 AM

Ahh sorry clough :(, teach me to use a blanket statement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contact lenses [ 10 Answers ]

I went to the ophthalmologist and had a thorough eye exam - I have worn contacts for ages, went to the optician with the prescription from the ophthalmologist, he fitted me for contacts and recommended Day & Night (or the other way around) and for whatever reason I said, sure, I'll take them. ...

Contact Lenses [ 3 Answers ]

Does any one know some contacts lenses that have the diameter 14.2 and base curve 8.6...

What do you think of your contact lenses? [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys Have you tried any of these lenses? Cibavision O2 Optix (Air Optix) Cooperview Proclear Compatibles Johnson & Johnson Acuvue Oasys

Contact lenses [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I know this has nothing to do with teens but it's the only thing close enough to the question. I have contact lenses I am having a trial week and the only problem is I find it hard to put the lenses in and take out. I have tried many ways but none seem to work. ANY IDEAS?! :confused:

Contact lenses/sleep [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, (didnt know what to put this question under) I was just wondering if I can nod off with hard contact lenses in?? I am going on my holidays in a week and on the plane I will want to read but I will probably sleep a bit as well. I can't wear my glasses anymore because they are blurry as my...

View more questions Search