Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vaportrail34 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMewiththat View Post
    I see where you are coming from 100% here. It shouldn't matter who contacts your employer to let them know that you are in the hospital. The fact is they were notified. If in a accident and unable to speak or recall you wouldn't be fired because you, personally didn't call. I also wonder what is being left out. It's clear there are things being left out of this story. Generally speaking unless a company is trying to cut back or cut an employee loose, they wouldn't just fire you for not showing up when there is a hospital stay involved. Perhaps the circumstances of your hospitilization are behind the termination. Drug, alcohol, HIV/AIDS...? I understand that you can't disclose certain things and I am left to ask: are you certain that you are not being discriminated against based on your illness? In your position, if you were wrongfully terminiated and you feel that you either A. had given proper notification of Drs. care and/or B. Feel you were terminated for a medical problem, you should waste no time contacting an employment attorney for a consultation. Best of luck

Thanks I missed this post.

I believe that my termination was retaliatory, that's all I can say.

If I had a stroke I couldn't call, same with a broken jaw, OR A Tonsillectomy, so you do understand where I'm coming from.

Policy states I have to make a personal effort. Period

I made an effort. Period The fax was there 3 days before I was to return, they knew where I was and with that knowledge they made a decision to terminate me.

It is truly a mess, the job market is crap!~
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 11:22 AM

Then talk to an attorney, a few, if need be. You don't have to defend yourself here. We are not your jury and we only have half a story, expect that you can only expect uninformed answers if we don't have ALL the facts. Talk to an attorney to give you the FULL perspective.

Mar 2, 2009, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    Then talk to an attorney, a few, if need be. You don't have to defend yourself here. We are not your jury and we only have half a story, expect that you can only expect uninformed answers if we don't have ALL the facts. Talk to an attorney to give you the FULL perspective.
    Thank you.

Sorry if I was terse or seemed overly defensive, it has just been a long 4 months and I feel as though it is a Davis vs. Goliath situation.

This has been mentally, emotionally, financially and physically taxing at the very least!

I have made some steps in finding an attorney.

I appreciate all of the input and wish I could lay it all on the table, I don't mind transparency I just don't want to jeopardize anything.

Thanks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2009, 11:32 AM

There is no possible way to answer OP's question when only half (or perhaps less) of the facts have and apparently can be posted.

I think it's turned into a message board (despite some really good answers) and it's time to close.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Mar 2, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vaportrail34 View Post
    Thanks I missed this post.

I believe that my termination was retaliatory, that's all I can say.

If I had a stroke i couldn't call, same with a broken jaw, OR A Tonsillectomy, so you do understand where I'm coming from.

Policy states I have to make a personal effort. Period

I made an effort. Period The fax was there 3 days before I was to return, they knew where I was and with that knowledge they made a decision to terminate me.

It is truly a mess, the job market is crap!~
    Excuse me, but perhaps you misread what I wrote, you definitely misunderstood it. I was agreeing with the fact that a fax from the hospital is an effort made upon your behalf. They fired you period. As I stated you need to seek counsel, not the advice of people who do not have the benefit of the entire story.
    Let me add, I wish you well on recovery and in finding the resolution to this situation. Best of Luck to you!

Mar 2, 2009, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMewiththat View Post
    Excuse me, but perhaps you misread what I wrote, you definately misunderstood it. I was agreeing with the fact that a fax from the hospital is an effort made upon your behalf. They fired you period. As I stated you need to seek counsel, not the advice of people who do not have the benefit of the entire story.
    Let me add, I wish you well on recovery and in finding the resolution to this situation. Best of Luck to you!
    MsMe I was agreeing with you wholeheartedly sorry about the confusion I appreciate your kind words.

Sorry if I was terse, once again I agree and thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Was I Wrongfully Terminated? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a job in Florida. I was in the training process. It is four weeks of training. During my third week of training, I called in from THE HOSPITAL to inform my supervisor I was going to be late, because I was feeling really sick. I got no answer and I got no call back. When I realized the...

Terminated from job [ 3 Answers ]

I believe that I was targeted at my job to be fired because I was not liked. How do I go about proving that I was targeted that lead to me being fired?

Terminated while on Disability [ 3 Answers ]

I have an off-the-job knee injury that occurred 10/07. I have been on State disability and I have a short-term disability policy that has been paying me also. I had my 1st surgery in Dec and a 2nd in Feb, Meniscus surgery then ACL surgery respectively. I had a follow up appt. with the surgeon on...

Terminated at 59 years of age [ 4 Answers ]

I own 40% of a small company in Kansas. I was fired with no warning and no severance with "for the good of the company" as his reason. I was with the company for 34 years and held the vice presidency for 25 years without a single infraction or wrong doing. The president brought in his son to...

I believe I was wrongfully terminated [ 2 Answers ]

I worked for this company for 4 months and I was never written up or verbally warned until one day I was told that she didn't believe I was capable of doing my job and that I didn't want to be there. I was never told that I was let go or fired, I just asked if I am finishing out my schedule the...

View more questions Search