Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Arpad Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 04:33 PM

1) It extract and copy application into a package that must be run on other PC through PMA to be installed properly. That's why I initially suggested to run it from flash drive - that way you don't have to set PMA twice.

2) I only used it for moving MS Office once and it worked, but I am not 100% sure how it will do on MS Office 7 or with OEM versions. Also OEM version can be a legal mess in that case - but you don't need MS support very often :)

So - you can try - just start with the office and test how it will behave before doing anything else.

3) Never tested it myself thoroughly. I mostly play with PMA to move smaller programs that use Microsoft Installer.

Should check with their support. Logically the problem should be solved somehow cause otherwise moving a program makes no sense.
    mitchsc Posts: 802, Reputation: 7

Oct 15, 2008, 04:41 PM

Thanks Arpad,

I have legal copies of Office & Windows, so it's not really an issue for me. I was just curious after I read about it being a "moveable" program on the PMA site.

My interest is the small "off Broadway" programs as well. I've had some for a long time, and they are not all available for download anymore.

As a novice, I must admit that this program seems less than intuitive to use. Even with the Help screens, I wasn't sure how to operate it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ASN Program [ 2 Answers ]

I already have a Bachelor of Science degree and am trying to get my RN in nursing. Can I go to an Associate of Science Nursing degree (ASN) program and still be able to get my RN in nursing? Also, how long are these programs?

All program [ 2 Answers ]

Once my xp home edition 'all programs' appeared on the whole screen, now it is appeared in one row. How I can changed it back to the original appearance.

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search