Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2009, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by snake187 View Post
    many people have tried and failed. its hard to prove a company wrong when you no actual evidence, documentation, or even a witness to what goes on exspeaily if they work there. i seen the boss fire a crew of guys one time because they went off to take lunch. no lie.
    I'm sorry, but I find it difficult to believe you. The workers are the witnesses. A lawyer would get a court order to see the company policy if the company would not give it to him voluntarily. If all this were true, it would be on the front page of the newspaper.
    snake187 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

May 10, 2009, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'm sorry, but I find it difficult to believe you. The workers are the witnesses. A lawyer would get a court order to see the company policy if the company would not give it to him voluntarily. If all this were true, it would be on the front page of the newspaper.
    Like I said only if you worked there you would understand. The bigger the pocket the bigger the political power.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2009, 01:33 PM
    like i said only if you worked there you would understand. the bigger the pocket the bigger the political power.
    Are you sure you are not just a disgruntled worker? My husband and I have worked for several nation-wide companies who were always very upfront with company policy, etc. Companies don't have that much power over employees who, if something smells funny, will take off for lawyers quicker than you can wink.

May 10, 2009, 01:49 PM
    Are you sure you are not just a disgruntled worker? My husband and I have worked for several nation-wide companies who were always very upfront with company policy, etc. Companies don't have that much power over employees who, if something smells funny, will take off for lawyers quicker than you can wink.
    I respect your opinion but have you ever worked for s scab corporation that does not believe in taking lunch will work 16, 18 , and sometimes 24hrs straight. Then make you drive from one job to the next with no sleep. While you are on the road they don't won't you to ask for time off they try to keep you on the road and out of state so you work 7 days a week month after month pulling in 90 to 100 hr pay checks sometimes even more. Every week.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2009, 01:59 PM
    i respect your opinion but have you ever worked for s scab corporation that does not believe in taking lunch will work 16, 18 , and sometimes 24hrs straight. then make you drive from one job to the next with no sleep. while you are on the road they don't wont you to ask for time off they try to keep you on the road and out of state so you work 7 days a week month after month pulling in 90 to 100 hr pay checks sometimes even more. every week.
    Why would someone work for such a company? And not report them?

May 10, 2009, 02:13 PM
    Why would someone work for such a company? and not report them?
    Who are you going to report it to. What labor board, osha. Same rules apply when in court who's the judge going to believe you or the cop. Why work there I don't know. It's the only way I know how to bread on table.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2009, 02:20 PM
    who are you going to report it to. what labor board, osha. same rules apply when in court who's the judge going to believe you or the cop. why work there i don't know. its the only way i know how to bread on table.
    Call an attorney who deals with labor questions, and get a free consultation. You don't go to court until the lawyer has amassed evidence for your case. What cop?? There are other companies to work for.

Does your friend have a copy of the waiver he signed? Did he pay that money by check? Those are two pieces of evidence.

May 10, 2009, 02:28 PM
    Call an attorney who deals with labor questions, and get a free consultation. You don't go to court until the lawyer has amassed evidence for your case. What cop??????? There are other companies to work for.

Does your friend have a copy of the waiver he signed? Did he pay that money by check? Those are two pieces of evidence.
    They would never give a copy of waver to him like you said that's evidence no check was paid. They took it out of his paycheck each week. They cop and court was a figure of speech.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2009, 02:29 PM
    they would never give a copy of waver to him like you said thats evidence no check was paid. they took it out of his paycheck each week. they cop and court was a figure of speech.
    He has paycheck stubs showing larger amounts taken out for a period?

May 10, 2009, 02:31 PM
    He has paycheck stubs showing larger amounts taken out for a period of time?
    12 dollars a week
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2009, 02:32 PM
    12 dollars a week
    With no line item explanation?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 10, 2009, 02:34 PM

Something is not right here - I'm an accident investigator. I'm assuming (and I won't know because OP refuses to post the circumstances, keeps quoting the "normal accident" language) that property damage of SOME kind was involved (car "friend" was in was damaged) - so who paid for that?

There's a cop; no, there's no cop, that's a figure of speech.

Not buying it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2009, 02:37 PM

Quote Originally Posted by snake187
    12 dollars a week
    That's almost a year's worth of paychecks for $2200.

What does he make per hour?

May 10, 2009, 02:39 PM
    With no line item explanation?
    You got that right. My friend finally did quit working there came back 6 months later worked 1 week brought home $700 dollars they had to fire him because of piss that he failed now when he came back that 1 week of work was striped from him because he still owed on the truck and the boss took his paycheck

May 10, 2009, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Something is not right here - I'm an accident investigator. I'm assuming (and I won't know because OP refuses to post the circumstances, keeps quoting the "normal accident" language) that property damage of SOME kind was involved (car "friend" was in was damaged) - so who paid for that?

There's a cop; no, there's no cop, that's a figure of speech.

Not buying it.
    There's nothing to buy you didn't work there.

May 10, 2009, 02:45 PM
    That's almost a year's worth of paychecks for $2200.

What does he make per hour?
    10.00 dollars per hr
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2009, 02:51 PM
    10.00 dollars per hr
    You and your friend can't find a better job than that and work for a more reputable company?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 10, 2009, 02:53 PM
    there's nothing to buy you didn't work there.

Is your "friend's" attitude anything like yours?

May 10, 2009, 02:54 PM
    You and your friend can't find a better job than that and work for a more reputable company?
    There is?nt much work were we live.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2009, 02:56 PM
    there is?nt much work were we live.
    Where do you live? What's your education level and job experience?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company Vehicle Purchase [ 1 Answers ]

How do I post a company vehicle purchase? What are the journal enteries?

Company vehicle [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I just wanted to know if potential customers actually care what you are driving (your company vehicle)?

Company paid vehicle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a company paid vehicle. I have unlimited usage and my gas is also paid for by the Company. I live in North Carolina and I'm trying to figure out just how much having this perk is worth over a year's time...

Traffic accident speed of vehicle [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I need help there is a formula for finding the speed of a car by the skid marks it leaves What is the eqation and is it straight forward

Small claims despute for vehicle accident [ 8 Answers ]

Today I was served with a small claims court notice to appear. I'm being sued for damages that occurred during an accident which I was found at fault. I tried submitting a "supplimental form" to have the police report changed because there was many errors and lies from the other party involved....

View more questions Search