Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake22
    What do you mean by no it means the TV is CABLE ready? How do you know some of your TVs are cable ready TVs that are not digital? Are you saying the two TVs I use are cable ready?
    I'm getting real tired of this. If you aren't even going to remember what you posted and refuse to try to use any semblance of thinking and reason then I don't think you are going to get much help.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake22
    One TV I use says 181 channel selections-All VHF/UHF channels plus up to 125 cable channels. Does this tell anyone if the TV is digital ready?
    Now what would you think would tell you that your TV was cable ready? DUH!!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Settop box is a generic term. There are cable set-top boxes that allowed non-cable ready TV's to receive cable. Now there will be settop boxes that will allow TVs to receive digital broadcasts.

Connectors do determine capabilty. Look at CGA, VGA, EGA and DVI which were computer video standards for computer monitors.
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Sep 12, 2007, 01:31 PM
    If you haven't noticed I gave up a while ago trying to explain this... please use these references below. You will find it answers most of your questions.

ATSC FAQ General

HDTV boot camp - Ultimate HDTV buying guide - HDTV World - CNET.com

Digital television - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NBC.com/Footer/HDTV

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting DVD/VCR to TV with cable but no cable box [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all! I'm trying to help my folks connect their Samsung DVD-V6700 (DVD/VCR combo) player to their Toshiba TV, model number 27AF45. They have cable TV, but no cable box. The coaxial cable is supposed to connect directly to the TV. How do I hook up the DVD/VCR player so both DVDs and VHS tapes...

Digital Cable Modulation [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone... it's been a while... I need to know if anyone knows the answer to this before I spend the money on it... I would like to eliminate channel 11 from my cable system in my house and replace it with a signal from another source. (That's no problem, I know how to do that.) We...

Wall mount for cable, how do I prepare for cable line? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to move my T.V. across the room, I have a wall mount with the wire there. What do I do to the wire that is not cable prepared to look like the one that is now being used? I need step by step instructions. If anyone can help me please!! :confused: Signed single mom trying to save a few...

Hooking up dvd/vcr recorder to a TV with digital cable [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to hook up a dvd/vcr(Pioneer) recorder to a digital cable box with a Panasonic lcd TV.

Motor industry [ 0 Answers ]

Is the motors industry having perfect competition?

View more questions Search