Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2012, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by texastoast96 View Post
    Will paints and stains and paint thinner cause me to fail a etg?
    They can. Particularly if you have prolonged exposure to the fumes of those that contain denatured alcohol. That can be identified as ingredient by the term SD alcohol 40.

Another common solvent in paints and thinners is Ethyl Acetate (EA). Inhaled EA is rapidly converted to ethyl alcohol in your body and could lead to EtG synthesis.
    youdipidipwedip Posts: 29, Reputation: 0

May 21, 2012, 12:21 PM
    DrBill: I received a full printout of the whole drug panel from my test. I posted this question in other forum, but perhaps you might know...

I don't smoke pot at all but the value next to THC/Cannabinoids read "-9 ng/mL". And no, that's not a typo, it says -9. What could this mean? I know that I registered as negative for the test as a whole, but I'm curious what this amount means in the first place? Frankly, how can someone have a negative amount of a drug in your system? Or is this just an industry marker/cutoff point?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2012, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by youdipidipwedip View Post
    DrBill: I recieved a full printout of the whole drug panel from my test. I posted this question in other forum, but perhaps you might know...

I don't smoke pot at all but the value next to THC/Cannabinoids read "-9 ng/mL". And no, that's not a typo, it says -9. What could this mean? I know that I registered as negative for the test as a whole, but I'm curious what this amount means in the first place? Frankly, how can someone have a negative amount of a drug in your system? Or is this just an industry marker/cutoff point?
    Doubly puzzling. Negative screens are not subjected to confirmatory testing which is the only way to obtain a quantitative reading. Could you block out your identity and post the test? Maybe I'm missing something.
    ozkar68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 11:45 AM
    I have a PETh test coming up in a few days. Going backwards from the test date. I had exactly one glass of wine 2 .3 weeks ago and 10 days prior to that I had 3 beers. Is there really any chance of a positive? It is all voluntary so I am not extremely worried of outcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

DrBill100 - EtG really so overhyped? Now baffled: lab says 3 drinks=20-24hrs. EtG? [ 7 Answers ]

Dr.Bill, I have been researching both the validity and dangers of false positives and negatives of this test as it is used for criminal, employment, and child custody reasons. In addition to the variant cut-offs, incidental exposures, etc. I am flabbergasted by the amount of conflicting info out...

DrBill100, Important EtG questions - personal research for court case [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Dr. Bill - while I'm not currently in trouble for drinking or failing a test, I'm being held to them and am trying to help my attorney with information on validity. I know most is conflicting - for us/him to sort out. Still, I found a recent report, by Hollander I believe, with results I cannot...

Question to DrBill100 about EtG [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Dr. Bill I am 6ft 250lb Male, If I had a 6 pack of bud ice (5.5%) today Thursday at around 9 pm with friends my BAC should be around .008 will I pass EtG test at 7pm Monday I will have 86 hours of clear time after my BAC .000 (94 hours with BAC .008

DrBill100 - EtG test at 113 hours [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings DrBill100. I have appreciated your advice given to all. If my EtG test urine sample was taken 113 hours after my last drink will I pass the test? Also, is the sample affected by temperature changes when in transit?

ETG - Am I just a lucky guy?(DRBill100) [ 11 Answers ]

SWIM has failed one ETG in the past, the level was 222ng and the cutoff was 100ng. SWIM didn't try to dilute urine, creatinine was around 90. The mind blowing thing is, SWIM drink 11 tall boy beers or more only 37... yes 37 hours before the test. Now SWIM is at a different center where his cutoffs...

View more questions Search