HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Aug 10, 2009, 01:23 PM

Wow I didn't know dentist do that
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2009, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotPotato2009 View Post
    Wow I didnt know dentist do that
    Just don't cry. If you cry or whine, you won't get anything!

Aug 11, 2009, 06:50 AM

:p I won't
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 07:49 AM

OK folks, I hate to be a party pooper. I know you are kibitzing back and forth in good fun but the OP had a serious concern for her. Let's not make light of it.

Aug 11, 2009, 08:01 AM

Ohsohappy, you will be fine. You will be numbed so you won't feel a thing. Everything will be OK.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 11:03 AM

Aww thanks. :) I appreciate all the imput. (BTW a prize sounds fun!) andy I should tell my boyfriend the same thing because he's getting his done on Friday.

Aug 11, 2009, 11:29 AM
    Your welcome. Just don't think about it. It will be done before you know. Good Luck to you and your boyfriend :D
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 11, 2009, 11:38 AM

I was SO nervous before I went and had mine pulled (I had a 5th one to be pulled as well). I was crying all the way there, and sitting on the table. Then they eased my fears. My biggest fears were feeling the surgery and the needles. So they sprayed numbing spray on my hand, then the numbing prick, then the IV to sedate me. I woke up in my bed, I don't even remember how I got home. I got a week off paid, a bottle of vicodin, and a pudding and soup diet for a week. It was uncomfortable afterwards, but I wouldn't say I was in pain. I took the pain pills as needed and that was that.

Aug 11, 2009, 11:43 AM
    That's is the same thing I went through. Except I didn't cry before getting there :). I was just nervous as hell lol. I didn't remember how I got home either (which was kind of funny) The good part about getting your wisdom teeth out is you get too stay at home and relax (for those of you that don't really like going to work lol)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What becomes of pulled teeth? [ 18 Answers ]

Just curious, why are dentists so secretive about/unwilling to show you your own teeth that they pull? I ask because I had 4 wisdom teeth pulled by 3 different dentists at 4 different times and they all had excuses or reasons I couldn't even look at my own tooth. Reasons given: We already disposed...

My wisdom teeth haven't come in yet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi! I was just wondering, by what age do your wisdom teeth usually come in? I'm not worried about it or anything, just curious. I'm 23 and mine haven't started to come in at all, but some of my friends have already had to have theirs pulled. What about people on here? What age were you when...

Wisdom teeth [ 4 Answers ]

What is the usual cost to remove wisdom teeth?

Wisdom teeth [ 10 Answers ]

All four of my wisdom teeth are coming out together. Uper left one doesn't hurt at all but coming out in a wrong direction, lower left one is perfectly fine so far. The problem is with the right side, there is not enough space for the teeth to come out, uppor or lower part, the pain started couple...

Wisdom teeth [ 3 Answers ]

:-[ Help me, I am 17 and I think I am dying. My mom says that I am getting my wisdom teeth in. My left side of my mouth is slightly swollen and very sensitive. There is a part of my cheek or gums (or something) that is irritated and swollen OVER my back molars. Am I really getting my wisdom...

View more questions Search